A random string of memories...

Now as I am comfortably lying star spangled on the king size comfort of my bed and air-conditioned room, the distant music from yesterday's festival celebrations echoes through and takes me back to those days left behind. I revisit the past, in flashes of scenes, like in movies...and it engulfs me in the warmth that makes me realize just how beautiful and celebrate-worthy living is.

...moms perfectly oval and blended rice balls soaking in sambhar...walking in the semi-dark hallways during school foundation day, with the corridors muffling the sounds of drama being enacted while we waited in queues for peanuts and soda...saturday movie nights at the hostel where we took our plates with red rice and boiled egg and settled on the stepped lawn to watch some movie, projected on the screen in the open air...open chilled air...and sometimes fell asleep, huddled together for warmth..the sound of rain, as I let my legs hang over the sofa as I read a book and the rain drizzles reach my feet from the balcony...the crushing sound of heavy rains..from the warmth and comfort of home...and home food, where mom is...where love is..the ananthapuri express that takes me to her, that hurdles through lush green scenes and as lights on the outside dims, yellow light glows inside the compartments rushing through fields and windmills, taking me along, sitting cross-legged in my side berth, looking out, lost in a reverie..

I am haunted by the beautiful memories, each so precious. It pays well to be emotional and sensitive because as much as it fails to snub pain, and exaggerates it, it also magnifies the smallest most insignificant moments into valuable and priceless memories.

Comments

Popular Posts