Rainbows and Roses.

In the current state of affairs, I'm living a very comfortable life. Neither exciting nor stressful. Plenty of time on hand. Work-life balance tipped to the right. I stay in a quiet residential area, with access to all basic needs. Fresh vegetables from street vendors, a local supermarket, a flower vendor , a meat shop at the end of the road , a medical shop at the other end of the road and a myriad of online apps cater to my all possible needs. The aforementioned needs are also at a bare minimum now ,with my savings mode set 'on'. There is a nice layout of crisscross lanes devoid of traffic, with beautiful houses and a park, ideal for cycling close to the place where I live. My aunt, cousin M ,baby niece A and C- my favorite dog in the world live next door. If I needed a hug from my niece, a home-cooked delicacy and some dog-pampering, it is all accessible, a step away from my doorstep. The landlords who live above my house are not nosy; they respect my privacy and do not attempt to make small talk. All they ask is that I should not cook beef in the house, something I can definitely live with. A small provisions shop less than 300 mts from the house provide for daily needs like eggs, milk and canned water. I also recently joined a zumba class one street across my house, three days a week. And on Sundays, I take an Uber to my local church which is 15 minutes away from my house. And for two hours, all the cares in the world are forgotten and the worries kept at bay. A much-needed weekly recharge. I love that everything is so close, accessible and super-convenient.

My office space is gorgeous. I work at the World Trade Center building, on the 15th floor with an amazing view. There is an office cab that picks me up from my gate at 11.30 AM and drops me back in the evening at 10 PM. The cab journey is a 40-minute drive through green canopied and traffic free roads during which I switch on my favorite music. The office has a man-made gorgeous water-front and a huge mall right next to it. I once walked in to the mall and got myself a cup of Starbucks coffee, to pretend like I was those high-end wall street women who walk very fast with purpose, in their stilettos, holding coffee in one hand and their Prada bags in the other. It felt good to pretend, but was not practical at 250/- a cup, as a daily or even a weekly option. Moreover, they have a good coffee machine on the floor. My office is pretty small. There are 100 odd people in my office, which occupies half a floor of the 15th floor of the 22-storeyed WTC building. Within a month, all the faces became familiar and I made a couple of 'Hi-Bye' friends. My team, was OK. My team lead was great. My manager, neither bossy nor crazy, unlike the ex-bosses. Work was average, occasionally fluctuates to demanding and then comes back to normal. I was good at it. I loved working, so I would never complain about it. The learning options are limited. But, my work gives me enough time on my hands, to pursue learning on my own, outside work, though I never actually got to it.

During the initial days in my new house - a tiny semi-furnished 1 BHK for which I pay surprisingly very low rent - and new state of affairs, I developed the desire to personalize my house with cozy home décor. I got a photo frame made. Tinkle fairy lights, glass bottles, scented candle incense diffuser, colorful cushions and weekly flowers from the vendor near my house would keep my house looking cheerful and homey. I would spend one day, every week, dusting, cleaning and mopping the house. It would satisfy me and relax me a lot to clean the house spic and span. Clear out the clutter accumulated over the week. Do my laundry. Take out the garbage every alternate day when the garbage man comes whistling through the lanes. I became better and more efficient with my cooking, learnt new and interesting recipes and started getting my own food to office. I have become like a housewife-like person. A checklist oriented one. It is good, it is healthy, it is safe and a bit dull, to be honest. I wish I had more friends, crazy party nights, occasions to dress up and dates I look forward to and a person to take me out on weekend trips, I crave for some romance and/or some heartache and some risks and/or some serious goals. Its not satisfying to be content and happy and comfortable in life, like how I am now. I'm afraid the cobwebs would settle, if I continue to dwell in this convenience. Its time to break a move out of this comfort zone and this time around a plan is hatching in my head and if all goes well, I will be taking the farthest leap from my circle of comfort. And my sole excitement arises from the careful execution of this risky jump and to wait and wonder, if God would alter His will, or if the stars have already charted a different path.

Galleria:

Home decor, #68, 20th R cross

Agnes, at the Coorgi place for a Sunday post-church lunch

Favourite dog in the world with his favourite bone in the world

Man-made waterfront, Orion Mall

A view on a rainy afternoon - WTC

A walk after the rains


A blurred moonlit night walk

Wall art - Memories of Kochi

Favourite corner in the house

Comments

Popular Posts